We’re proud that our products reduce waste and save energy. By reducing waste and saving energy we also help save other valuable resources; time and money. And who can’t use more of those!
Landscape lighting has to be tough. It has to defy the elements. At the core of Coastal Source is a deep rooted responsibility to do the right thing with regard to conserving, protecting and maintaining the environment.
Every Coastal Source landscape light fixture is made with 100% brass components, designed to be used with LED bulbs and come equipped with the patented Coastal Connector.
So, how do these things make Coastal Source green? We’re glad you asked!
- By using the same material for the entire fixture you have a light that will not corrode shut. You will be able to service this fixture forever.
- Solid brass fixtures are designed to last a lifetime.
- Brass is recyclable.
Our patented Coastal Connector
- Assures your system will work, and work for a long time.
- Connections are the number one cause of failure in an electrical system. This means maintaining a traditional system generates more waste every time a connection has to be repaired or replaced. This is a waste of resources, the ruined components are headed for a landfill and your time and money is drained, repeatedly.
- Patented Coastal Connector uses dramatically less materials for the initial installation. See Wiring Installation.
Coastal Source landscape lighting system
- Designed for LED, Light Emitting Diode, however it will work with traditional bulbs too.
- LEDs drastically reduce the amount of energy needed to produce light.
- LEDs last up to 10 times as long as compact fluorescents, and far longer than typical incandescents.
- LEDs do not contain any hazardous waste materials, like the mercury found in CFLs.
- While there is a higher upfront cost to purchasing LED bulbs the cost is recouped because they are not replaced as often and require less maintenance.
- LEDs are durable. Since there is no filament they stand up to jarring or bumping.
- LEDs can be recycled.