Protecting the Environment
We’re proud that our products reduce waste and save energy. By reducing waste and saving energy we also help save other valuable resources; time and money. And who can’t use more of those!
Landscape lighting has to be tough. It has to defy the elements. At the core of Coastal Source is a deep rooted responsibility to do the right thing with regard to conserving, protecting and maintaining the environment.
Every Coastal Source landscape light fixture is made with 100% brass components, designed to be used with LED bulbs and come equipped with the patented Coastal Connector.
So, how do these things make Coastal Source green? We’re glad you asked!
- By using the same material for the entire fixture you have a light that will not corrode shut. You will be able to service this fixture forever.
- Solid brass fixtures are designed to last a lifetime.
- Brass is recyclable.
Our patented Coastal Connector
- Assures your system will work, and work for a long time.
- Connections are the number one cause of failure in an electrical system. This means maintaining a traditional system generates more waste every time a connection has to be repaired or replaced. This is a waste of resources, the ruined components are headed for a landfill and your time and money is drained, repeatedly.
- Patented Coastal Connector uses dramatically less materials for the initial installation. See Wiring Installation.
Coastal Source landscape lighting system
- Designed for LED, Light Emitting Diode, however it will work with traditional bulbs too.
- LEDs drastically reduce the amount of energy needed to produce light.
- LEDs last up to 10 times as long as compact fluorescents, and far longer than typical incandescents.
- LEDs do not contain any hazardous waste materials, like the mercury found in CFLs.
- While there is a higher upfront cost to purchasing LED bulbs the cost is recouped because they are not replaced as often and require less maintenance.
- LEDs are durable. Since there is no filament they stand up to jarring or bumping.
- LEDs can be recycled.
The beauty of all Coastal Source light fixtures is that they are all ready to install. Right out of the box. No special tools are required.
Low voltage cable only requires a six inch burial and can be run without conduit. Since the connection is the number one cause of failure in electrical systems, our specially designed, patented Coastal Connector ensures that nothing will infiltrate your landscape lighting system.
Running your cables
The Coastal Source lighting system eliminates the need for in-field splice connections and complicated instruction. Simply lay out the desired lighting design and use the appropriate waterproof cables to connect the system. When using Coastal Source fixtures and our patented Coastal Connector system you can rest assured that you have air and water tight connections that will keep your landscape lighting free from corrosion and failure.
Let there be light
After installing your Coastal Source landscape lighting system, install the appropriate LED bulbs. Halogen bulbs may also be used, but make sure to calculate total load to prevent exceeding the 150 watt limit per transformer output.